Get Involved - Volunteer!
There are many opportunities for the parents and community to get involved! Your help is needed! Stop by the PTO table at "Meet the Teacher" nights.
In order to volunteer at Boyertown Elementary School, you must obtain your criminal history and your child abuse history clearances. Please bring both original documents into the BES Office. The office staff will make a photocopy and return the originals to you. These documents must be dated within ONE year in order for the school to accept them. If your clearances are older than one year, you will need to reapply for new clearances. As long as you volunteer at least one time a year, your clearances will continue to be valid for three years.
This clearance can be completed online and results can be printed immediately. The cost has been waived this year! To apply for your criminal record check, click here.
CHILD ABUSE HISTORY:
** NEW** The Child Abuse History check can now be done online and the results will be mailed to you. Cost has been waived this year. For more information on how to apply for your child abuse history clearance, click here.
FBI FEDERAL CRIMINAL HISTORY REPORT:
The following procedure is to be used to obtain the fingerprint-based FBI Federal Criminal History Record Report:
- The volunteer must register online at any time at www.pa.cogentid.com or by phone at 1-888-439-2486 (Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm) before going to the fingerprint site, indicating that this service is being requested for reporting to the PA Department of Education.
- The fee for the fingerprint and electronic report services is $27.00. Payment is made at time of registration using a credit card or debit card.
- The nearest fingerprint sites can be found: FBI Fingerprint Locations.
Fingerprinting Now Available at Boyertown Education Center
Boyertown Education center is now a fingerprinting location for those needing clearance to volunteer. Please be sure to register on the Cogent website before arriving to have your fingerprints taken.
Location: 911 Montgomery Avenue
Boyertown, PA 19512
Monday – Friday 8:00AM to 4:00PM
- The volunteer presents the Registration ID Number and a qualified State or Federal photo ID at the fingerprint site, after which all ten fingers are scanned electronically.
- After the fingerprinting has been completed, the volunteer must contact Mrs. Smith in the front office to report his/her Registration ID number.
- The Federal Criminal History Record is then available electronically to the School District within 48 hours. An unofficial copy of the report will be mailed directly to the applicant.
The Boyertown School District is pleased to add a new layer of security to our schools. Called the Raptor System, this security measure generates a special ID badge for each visitor who walks through the doors at BES. Volunteers will be asked to provide their driver's license, which will be scanned and immediately returned to them. At the end of their visit to BES, the badge is turned into the office. This system is in addition to the security clearances our school already has in place. All volunteers will still be required to have their criminal history and child abuse history on file in the BES office.